Monday, April 13, 2009

Two Things That Were Surprising and One That Was Not

1.) Atrios is modeling on the cover of the City Paper, looking every inch the dandy.

2.) The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, a movie I have very little interest in seeing, is going to be released on DVD by Criterion. Since I have a long term goal of watching every Criterion release, I guess this means I'll eventually get around to seeing it after all. Unfortunately, like other contemporary, mainstream Criterion discs, the cover art is pretty blah (which is especially disappointing since the art on the special edition of David Fincher's Zodiac is quite awesome).

3.) As for the non-surprise, did you hear that Fox is fucking around with Dollhouse, the getting-better-every-week Joss Whedon science fiction series currently airing on Friday nights? Of course, this is a lot worse than the situation with Firefly, the key difference being that I'm watching this time around.

No comments: