Monday, May 12, 2008

Music Notes

  • I think that I'd previously read about this $1,000-a-ticket Bruce Springsteen concert at the Count Basie Theater in New Jersey, but of course I was not going to shell out that kind of cash. It's a good thing I didn't know that he would be playing the entirety of Born to Run and Darkness on the Edge of Town; I might have taken out a loan. Oh, and I love this part of the review: "Proving nothing will please everyone, some schmuck still screamed “Rosalita!” throughout the night."
  • I can envision an alternate universe in which I can't stand Los Campesinos! (Do I need a period at the end of that sentence? Someone call Strunk and White!) If you don't like them, I fully understand. I'm glad that I reside in this universe, though, because I think "The International Tweexcore Underground" is pretty damn irresistable:

No comments: