Thursday, October 4, 2007

Music Notes

  • It should come as no surprise to anyone who's been paying attention to my weekly video-fests that I quite adore Leslie Feist. It was a small delight, then, that when I was eating my lunch the other day at a fast-food franchise (you know, the one that makes you feel really bad about yourself when you're done eating) "1 2 3 4" came on over the piped-in music system. It's always a pleasant surprise to hear a good song mixed in with the near-lethal doses of Rod Stewart. Between that and her omnipresent electronics commercials, it's getting to the point that I can't go anywhere without hearing her voice, which is hardly something to complain about.
  • Congratulations to Regina Spektor; you can play giant music festivals and have songs featured Gray's Anatomy, but you haven't truly made it in this industry until you've been featured on Rob Wilco's T-shirt.

No comments: