Sunday, September 9, 2007

Vanity Fair Assaults My Eyes

Whenever I'm feeling low, I can always tell myself, "Well, look on the bright side: at least you've never seen a photo of Christopher Hitchens in the shower." At least I used to be able to tell myself that, but then I made the mistake of reading this post. If you don't want to share in my unhappy fate, please don't click that link.

I must say, though, that the cover of the magazine is really a masterpiece of bait and switch. It's all, "Oh boy! Nicole Kidman is taking off her shirt! And by the way, we've got shirtless pictures of Christopher Hitchens in an article that sticks you with the mental image of him having his balls waxed. Let's take another look at Nicole, shall we?"

And apparently this is a multi-part story. The subtext of everything Hitchens writes is that he's an asshole, but a feature involving the relative hairlessness of his own asshole is just too much.

No comments: