Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Nerd Catastrophe!

I was at work today, taking a short break to scan through my various RSS feeds on Google Reader, when I accidentally clicked the "Mark All As Read" button, causing a weeks worth of blog posts and news items to vanish down the memory hole (or at least preventing me from reading them in chronological order). In reality, this is hardly a big deal; I was a week behind anyway, so clearing out the backlog and starting over was probably the only way I would have ever gotten caught up. And I guess that if I wanted to, I could easily go to the actual websites to get my news, comics, and amusing photos of cats.

Still, as I realized what I had done, I imagined myself as Rip Van Winkle, stumbling down the mountain with no idea of how much the world had changed in the fields of political resignations, glibertarian bloggers, and embarrassing beauty pageant videos.

No comments: